Saturday, October 17, 2009

This Is the PLACE!

How lucky we are to have BEAUTIFUL weather this fall break! Ahhhh, you've just gotta soak it in while it lasts!

On Thursday, My friend, DeEtte and I took our kids (minus Landon) to This is the Place Heritage Park. We were disappointed to find out after driving all that way, that all the little pioneer shops and houses were closed for the season. But luckily the train was still running.


After the train ride, we started walking around and discovered a perfect kid-sized pioneer village, complete with houses, a store and a fire station. They were in heaven! Even the older girls immediately jumped into the land of make believe.
They created thier own economy using leaves and opened a General Store.



They lived in houses.

and they even traveled by train.
Since it's off-season, we had the place practically to ourselves! We spent a good two hours at that one spot. DeEtte and I commented on how much children love make-believing a simpler life. It almost made us wish we lived in the 1800s. Almost.

As we were leaving, we had to stop at the bowry for a little "Hoedown Throwdown."

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Fun!!
Sadie's hair is SO long! I'm always astonished when I see pictures of her.:D