Thursday, October 22, 2009

Magnificant!

balloon

Last Saturday morning I was making breakfast and I heard Max in the front yard, "MOM, DAD, COME SEE THIS. HURRY!!" This incredible balloon was floating just a few feet above our street. All the neighbors came out of the house in their pajamas to check it out. The people who were in the balloon asked if they could land it in our park.

"Of COURSE!, Come on down!"

Wow, there is something so exhilerating about being up close to a hot air balloon. They landed behind our house and stayed for about 10 minutes. We asked them all kinds of questions, like when do you fly it, how often, etc. He said you go out when there's a high pressure in the air and you just follow the currents. The owner bought this balloon with his business partner. He said it's a hobby, just like boating or flying airplanes.

Anyone want to go in on a hot air balloon with us when we get rich some day? They're only about $50,000. I think I could get used to that hobby pretty easily.

2 comments:

Valerie Chandler said...

Oh, Wow. I still remember that Ward Memorial Day breakfast in the POA the year we lived in AF...being that close to those three balloons and watching them lift was amazing. Beautiful photo.

Lytles said...

Great shot Heather! I love hot air balloons!