Unfortunately, his fourth year was ushered in with a boo-boo. He slipped while climbing on a kitchen chair and cut his eyelid open the day before. Ouch!

He wore his special preschool crown all day. Nothin' better than being the king for a whole day. He was treated royally by his whole family. Sadie and Dad made him a delicious French toast, bacon and OJ breakfast. Mmmmm.


Max stayed up late the night before making him a special card. It was so cute, I had to scan it.
Here's the front:

And the inside:

That afternoon, we had a family party at our new favorite park on the hill. We just discovered it this past week. We didn't even have to spend money on entertainment. Everyone was completely happy to hang out at the park and just enjoy being together.
Bennett was unusually quiet, just taking in all the attention and gifts.

Happy Birthday Bennett. I love you more than tongue can tell.
I have to share a few more pictures from this park. This was taken a few days earlier. Can you say CUTE??
Landon and Dad practiced some basketball skills while everyone played. Jeremy is coaching Landon's Jr. High basketball team this year. They are just getting ready to start practices next week. It's fun to watch them together. Jeremy doesn't play much anymore, but he remembers the skills very well! He makes a great coach. I'm excited for the season.
I love the pure happiness exuding from their little faces. What makes this park "SO AWESOME" is the 3-story play structure with a steep, long slide. I have a feeling we'll be spending many hours at this park now that we know about it.
2 comments:
Happy, happy, HAPPY birthday, Bennett!!
I'm jealous! It looks like it is still pretty warm where you live. Why isn't it here??
I really like Max's card to Bennett. What a loving family you guys have.
Post a Comment