You always hear that you have guardian angels that protect you. We learned Monday morning that Jeremy definitely has a few.
He has wanted to get out on his bike all summer, and finally hopped on it Monday morning before work for a short ride. After about a half hour, he walked in the door. I asked him how his ride was, and he said, "Well, all I can say is I'm lucky to be alive right now."
There's an ongoing project taking place in our town right now. They are cutting up the roads, one by one, placing big pipes under them, and covering them up. This is so that we will have pressurized irrigation to water our lawns with.
Anyway, Jeremy was approaching a parked semi truck that had a flat-bed trailer behind it. The trailer was loaded with a bunch of ~30-feet long, 1 foot diameter, purple pipes. A forklift was on the other side of the trailer, lifting a big pallet that held a pile of these huge pipes.
As the forklift operator lifted the pallet and pipes up in the air, he somehow lost hold of them and the whole thing came crashing down. This was at the precise moment that Jeremy was riding past. Within a milli-second, he swerved further out into the street. He was supposed to be directly under these huge, crashing pipes, but he moved out of the way just in time. The pallet shattered, hitting his bike and his leg. Luckily, he stayed on the bike and didn't crash.
All that he came home with was a bent sprocket on his bike, a few bumps and scrapes on his leg, and some shaking hands.
I keep thinking of the talk that was given last year by one of our 12 apostles, Elder Jeffery R. Holland, called "The Ministry of Angels." It reminds us that we are each assigned heavenly angels to protect us, warn us of danger, and comfort us when we need comforting. Do you ever wonder who your heavenly angels are?
Monday morning could have turned out very differently. I can't imagine how I would live without my sweet husband. It's not something that I like to think about much. But I sure am grateful that it wasn't his time to go.
The day before with our sweet baby. (I know, I know. He looks like a girl in this outfit:))Eli received his name and blessing.
The next day, we ALL received a huge blessing. We have said many prayers of thanks. Someone was watching out for Daddy and protecting him that morning.
6 comments:
Wow. That is quite the story. I often think about who my personal angels are. When I was 13, I was in a car accident with my mom. I wasn't wearing my seat-belt and went flying toward the windshield as the car started tumbling. Just as I hit the dash board, I was yanked back into my seat with a mighty force! From that day on I truly believed that we have someone looking after us. There was no way I would have survived if I would have been thrown from the car like that.
I am so glad that you still have Jeremy. It sure makes you think about what purpose he is here to serve. Definitly not his time! Thanks for sharing.
Oh, and as for Eli, he is a very cute little guy! I can tell he has a sweet little spirit :)
Great story Heather. You should post that on the family website. I know not everyone gets around to reading all the family blogs.
Wow Heather! That story is amazing and gave me goose bumps! I was wiping my tears away as I read it. What a blessing that he was kept out of harms way. I am so glad that Jeremy was being watched over that day. :)
Thank heavens everything's okay! How scary!
P.S.
Eli couldn't look like a girl even if you put him in pink with a bow in his hair! He's definitely a boy. He's so cute!
well i really don't like reading things like that. we are SOOOOOOOOOOO thankful jeremy is ok. steve is talking to him right now. how is e/thing else? the pic. are good. how did your folks like cody wy.? you guys keep safe. love ya all. cf-
I'm so glad everything is okay! Incidents like that always make you realize how blessed you are to have everything you have because so much could have changed or could change within just a second!
All the best for you guys! And again, I'm so glad nothing bad happened!
Oh and yes, you're right, I still have one more year of school and yes, I sure am excited to get out of school... but it is also kind of scary though... But right now I'm really happy because today was the LAST day of school and now we have six weeks off until August 31- Yeah!
Post a Comment