Thursday, July 30, 2009

Beaver Creek Lodge Hinton Reunion

We had our big Hinton Reunion at a lodge up Logan Canyon last weekend. We rented the entire place, complete with 12 rooms, a kitchen/eating area and a great room. Outside there was lots of grass to play on, a sand volleyball pit and a horseshoe area. We had so much fun!
We always love getting together with my family.

We knew it was going to be party when we pulled in and saw this.

Ryan's realty company owns it. A golf cart turned into a groovy little jeep. It was a hit!
Landon was born the same year as 4 of his cousins. We call them the "96ers." It's been so fun seeing them grow up together. They are all great buds.


Leave it to Uncle Dave to get all the little boys hyped up! He takes first place in the roughhouse category! We were downstairs talking when this was going on and it seriously sounded like the place was going to come crashing down.
Saturday was my birthday. And what better way to spend a birthday than with your ENTIRE family? We woke up that morning and Jeremy and I, Landon, Sadie and Max went out on a beautiful horseback ride through the woods. The last time Jeremy and I rode horses together was when we were dating, 16 years ago! It as a first for the kids. They say it was their favorite part of the weekend, even though it just the five of us.horseback riding
After our ride, we headed to Bear Lake for an afternoon in the sun. There's nothing better than wet sand and cool water on a summer day!
Grandpa and Grandma enjoyed sitting and taking it all in. Luckily, it wasn't too hot that day.
The day ended with a taco salad dinner at the lodge, an obstacle course out on the lawn and cake and ice cream. We celebrated my birthday, as well as Michelle and Jaynee's who were in July. the candles. I thought that I blew the candles out myself, but now that I see this picture, it looks like Michelle (above me) and Jaynee (next to me) helped!
I love the following two pictures taken by my talented photographer sis, Jen.
My brother Greg with his cute family
And my oldest sister, Heidi's family jumping for joy! This will be a classic! Look at little Luke standing there in the front. Jen said "jump" and he thought she said "dump!" (or at least that was Uncle Kerry's interpretation of it :))
Heidi's beautiful, and only daughter (out of 8 kids!) Emily was great to hold Eli for me so I could do other things. Eli was the lucky recipient of hours of attention from his doting cousins.
On Sunday, we took a drive to Tony Grove Lake. Ahhhh, I love that place. It actually has a special place in Jeremy and I's hearts. It's where we kissed for the first time 16 years ago!

This is Sam swallowing a live minnow. He was dared to do it by his dad for a couple bucks. Everyone was yelling, Sam, Sam, Sam and when he did it, we all had a fit! After that, cousin Annie did the same thing with the other minnow that was caught. It made some great entertainment.
I love this picture of Bennett. He's got a worm in his hand and he's looking for a sticker in his foot. All boy.
Another weekend of fun with the Hintons. Families are the best!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was great to see, how fun for ALL of you. families are the BEST, can't wait for all of ours to be together. c u then. love ya all.cf.

Anonymous said...

seriously, you are making me look bad...I can't believe we just got back on Monday and you've already blogged the reunion. You are amazing. If only I could get things accomplished like you. Great pics, I can't wait to post my favorites too. Had an unforgetable time...too bad about the TV incident though.

Julie H. said...

Great pictures, Heather! They all looked so fun...just one minor change though! It was actually Annie that swallowed the 2nd fish. I really loved Tony Grove. It was so beautiful there. Seeing those fields and wildflowers heading up the mountain I felt like I was in a Twilight scene. LOL! Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

Thanks for the correction, Julie! I can't even keep my own kids' names straight, let alone my brothers'.