What would we do without our moms when we have babies?I want to shout out a BIG "Thank You" to BOTH of my moms.
My mother-in-law, Carolyn took Bennett home with her for 3 days. When I got home from the hospital, the house was nice and quiet and I knew he was happy and loving life there. He got to have a sleep-over with his cousins there and play all day. Thank you, Carolyn! It made all the difference.
Then, when Bennett got home on Wednesday, my mom came from St. George and spent a wonderful two days with us. Sadie stayed home from school on Thursday with a cold, and Grandma spent the day teaching her to knit, hem pants, and make vegetable juice. She nursed her right back to health.
I just loved relaxing all day long, not thinking about anything but my beautiful baby. And it was so nice to have time to re-connect with Mom and enjoy some one-on-one time together.
She sat in for me at Landon's Court of Honor, where he received his "Star" rank, then sewed Merit Badges on his uniform (one of my least favorite things to do.) She even left him with a love note to come home to when he returns from California.
She played board games with kids, went on a walk with them, kept the kitchen clean and made us french toast.
We have been thoroughly spoiled. Thanks, Dad for loaning her to us for a few days. Hope you feel better soon.
Our time together ended last night with Jen bringing a delicious fish taco dinner and connecting our mom to the world via "Facebook." Love it!
Thanks, Carolyn and Mom. I love you both!
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OOOH Heather!! Congrats on your new little ELI!! Yeah!! My mom told me when I had my 5th, "Well, you're a full-fledged mom now!" I felt that before, but she had 8 kids so it's all a matter of perspective I suppose. Congrats to a full-fledged mom!! He is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Love You!
Grandma Hinton Rocks!
thanks heather for the , thank you. it was our joy, to take bennett. thank you for the mother day card and all. hope all is going good at your house. love ya all. cf
Post a Comment