Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Englebright's

Do you ever catch yourself saying something or making certain voice intonations that sound like a good friend or a sister, and you think, wow, I've kind of of turned into her?! These are the people who we love the most, spend the most time with, and thank the Lord for when we pray. They help make up the fabric of our beings. They....well, they just need to be bragged about...recognized for the part they play in our lives! And what better place than on a blog, right? The place where we mush over everything and everyone we love.
I'll start with the Englebright's, since I just got a cute picture of them. (Aren't they a cute couple? And their house is as cute as their last name. It actually reminds me of Mary Engelbreit with it's bright, cheery decor. And it's always clean.) When we were newlyweds at USU, we were hired as Resident Assistants in Family Student Housing, or "Aggie Village" for all you poor non-Aggies. The first week that we started, we met them. They had just been married, too and were new RA's like us. We hit it off instantly. Each of the 20 or so R.A. couples were over 3 buildings, including 36 apartments. The Englebrights were over the triad next to ours. Me, DeEtte, and one other girl named MaryLynn Goudy, were the best of friends. I'll have to spotlight the Goudy's next :)

After we all graduated, the Englebright's moved to a little town called Annabel and had a cute home in the country for 7 or 8 years before moving to a town close to us. We were SO excited when they decided to move here. Justin works for State Farm insurance. Now he has his own agency. If you need insurance, give him a call!

DeEtte has a way of making everyone she talks to feel valued and loved. She seems to sense when someone needs a little building up. One thing that I have learned from her over the 12 years that we've been friends is the importance of complimenting freely. She is gifted at this. Whenever I get down on myself about my weaknesses, she always seems to sense that and finds a way to point out my strengths, instead. I call her whenever I need a few drops in my bucket. She nearly lost her life during the birth of her 3rd child and two years later, she went for one more, even though it was a big leap of faith. All four of her pregnancies were completely miserable, with bad nausea most of the 9 months. In the last two, she had a heart condition that left her extremely weak. It was so scary and sad, and we were very relieved when everything turned out well.

And look at what came from that sacrafice! Beautiful little "E" who is going to marry Bennett in about 20 years. PS. check out the cute chicken coup! They have almost an acre of land, so they get to have a mammoth veggie garden, and CHICKENS! (Do not covet, do not covet...)














We get together as families every month or so and have dinner or family night together. The kids and husbands are great friends, too which makes it even more sweet! Here we are back in March having FHE at our house.

3 comments:

JulzBlox said...

Your blog is so cute Heather! I went to USU and really miss Logan. It's an awesome place! I saw on one of your posts about Stephanie Nielson. I grew up with Christian in Arizona. It's been so heartbreaking for his family. His sister and I were good friends. We were all in the same ward. They are an amazing family and I pray they recover soon!

Julie H. said...

What a sweet post, Heather. I like the idea of highlighting friends that are a big part of your life. I might have to consider doing that in the future on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Heather,

I cannot believe you said all of those nice things about us-- they are way over-exagerated! YOU are the most special friends we could ever imagine. Every time we are together with your family, Justin and I feel so inspired to do better. You are such an example of faith, courage to "go for it", and dream big. You are also such wise and humble parents. When you were at our house for dinner, Jeremy mentioned the one-on-one dates you are taking your kids on. He said some things that Justin and I really needed to hear (like taking every opportunity to build a relationship with the pre-teen children). You are MY inspiration, my sister, and my friend that I cherish with all of my heart!

Love ya, DeEtte