How did that happen? I thought that I just turned 30 like last year. Oh well. It was a great birthday week. To celebrate, Jeremy and I joined two of my three sisters and our husbands (except Dave, who was out of town) and went out to eat for Indian food then to a Sawyer Brown concert at the Sandy Ampitheater. Sawyer Brown was my favorite band back in my high school and college days, when I listened to country music. They are so entertaining! The lead singer, Mark Miller(?) has some of the coolest dance moves. I haven't seen them in concert for probably 15 years, and he has still got those same mooves. We had a blast. It brought back memories like crazy. Jen, Michelle and I even got a little crazy toward the end and snuck down past the workers to the stage to rock out with the front row-ers! It was so unusual for us all after being quiet little moms for 12 years. Michelle had never even listened to Sawyer Brown (or any country music for that matter) before that night. But she enjoyed the party as much as we did. We ended up getting "bounced" by an old grandma and we had to go sit down with our husbands. We had to laugh about that. This night reminded me how important it is to let loose every once in a while and enjoy the moment. I've become too boring in my OLD age!
A couple of days later, we joined some of our college friends at Deer Creek for some boating, then at the Brady's cabin in Midway, where we stayed 2 nights. We always love hangin' at the cabin. We call it "The Cabin" like it's ours or something. But after relaxing there once or twice a year for 13 years now, it's become a great part of our lives. We are so grateful to the Brady's for hosting so many parties and keeping the "Cabin Crew," which consists of six (or eight?) couples-- now families, in touch. We know we will be friends with all of these people for ever and ever. They're the best! I got a couple of pictures that weekend.



1 comment:
That was a fun night. I just realized I forgot to blog about it. Ryan was pretty entertained by watching us storm past that old grandma as we rushed the stage. Good times for sure. Ol Sawyer's still got it! Glad we got to celebrate your b-day with you!
Post a Comment