Every time we drive through Provo Canyon on our way to Heber, I think about how much I want to ride bikes along the Provo River trail to Bridal Veil Falls. It's so beautiful, and what better reward at the end of your hard work than to play in the waters of a majestic waterfall. But because of the way our kids are spaced, it seems like every summer we either have a baby that's too small or a child who's too big for a bike trailor but can't ride a bike yet. I decided this was THE YEAR! Jeremy sold one of his road bikes and we used the money to get a good bike for me. I love it! It's called a "comfort bike" and it's kind of like a mountain bike, but it has higher handle bars and a wider seat. Comfort is key, you know. So anyway, we borrowed a mountain bike with a baby seat on it for J & B to ride.It was everything I expected, except hotter. We went right in the middle of a 98 degree day and the trail wasn't shady like I had envisioned. Sadie's not one for exerting herself in the heat or doing anything uncomfortable for that matter, so she complained the whole 2-mile ride up. We had to keep reminding her of the reward at the end, and the nice, relaxing ride back that we had to look forward to. Somehow, she survived after a little bribery. Gotta love it when they get through hard things and learn the rewards of hard work!! Max was a little trooper. And Landon thought it was a piece of cake after his mega-hike last weekend. We stopped at Nun's Park for a picnic lunch in the shade, then rode up to the waterfall, took off our shoes and waded in the freezing cold water. Ahhhhhh....



One more thing to check off the list of "must-do's." Next time we'll do it when temps are in the 70's and it will be even better!
2 comments:
Sounds like fun!
Max, congratulations! I didn´t know that you learned how to ride a bike! Good job!
Good to hear you got your kids to go. When I talked to you on Sat. you said none of your kids wanted to go. It seems even though it takes effort to do things together as a family, it's usually worth it in the end. Way to stick to your guns and get everyone out.
Post a Comment