We were at our Fillmore Family Reunion on his birthday, so there was never a dull moment. Jeremy, Landon and I actually left the reunion one night to go to an incredible comedian show staring Brian Regan at the Thanksgiving Point Ampitheater. We laughed our guts out. I'm not sure he got some of the jokes about 80's things, but I saw him busting up a lot.
He scored some great presents:
Candy, money, a new camera, a quadruple combination, and a night out with Mom and Dad (good thing it's still "cool" at this point.) To top it all off, we had a big party Saturday night with 7 girls and 5 boys! Birthdays can't get any better than that!
The next day was Sunday. G&G Fillmore and Ryan and Callie & their kids were still in Heber, so they drove down and went to church with us. Right after sacrament meeting we went into the bishop's office and Dad ordained Landon as a Deacon in the Aaronic Priesthood of the church. It was a wonderful blessing. Landon felt very honored to be given the priesthood. He said he felt "different" all day. We were really lucky to have Grandpa and Ryan help with the ordination and have them witness that special occasion with us.

G&G were able to stay the whole 3 hours, then come home with us for a celebratory dinner of meatloaf and potatoes. We don't get to spend time alone with grandparents at our home very often, so this was a real treat.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday Landon! Glad you finally joined the rest of the 12 yr. old cousins. I still remember that day in Smithfield when all of you were babies and we took pictures of all 5 of you at the same time. You were all dressed in denim. Very cute! Glad you had a great day!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LANDON!!!
I´m glad that you were having fun!
It seems like you turned 11 just a few months ago when I´ve been there for only a few days...
Post a Comment