Friday, February 15, 2013

Kitchen Inspiration

I was feeling blue today...tired of winter and the same 'ol blah day after day.
I'll admit, I've got a mild case of the post-adoption blues as well.
(Yes, there's such a thing. It's very much like the baby blues.)
I need to change things up a bit around here!
I went to one of my favorite decorating blogs today, and saw this
I am so inspired! I want to make my kitchen more cheery!
Actually I want to make my whole house more cheery!

 
 
There are a lot of similarities between this kitchen and ours:

White cabinets
Same color of paint on walls
Same color floors and counter tops
Window over the sink
Similar layout.
 
 
We don't have the cute exposed shelves like they do...
But I'm excited!
It's out with the 10-year-old silk plants!
In with some bright yellow letters!
I'm gonna make some yellow curtains
and a matching table runner.
And phase in a few turquoise and yellow accessories
and black cabinet knobs and drawer pulls.
 
Thank you, The Handmade Home and House of Turquoise for the inspiration!
 
 
Now I just need some money.
Anyone want some Mary Kay or some salsa? :)

2 comments:

The Mom said...

I want some Salsa :)

Milena said...

Your kitchen looks very nice already - but yellow curtains and a table runner will make it even prettier and spring cheery. Add a bouquet of yellow springflowers too!
Actually, be happy that you don't have the open shelves, although they do look nice. Anything on such shelves become really greasy and dusty. Yuck.