Oh, miss Sadie Sue. Wasn’t it just a couple of years ago that you were my baby girl?
You can’t be 14 already. But then, the fact that you look and act more like a 15 year old makes it a little more believable.
I don’t know, I just worry that you and Landon will be out of here before I can catch my breath from all this craziness. I think about it and it makes me so sad.
Sometimes I wish I could make time slow down a little bit. But I know that’s not the way it’s supposed to be. You’re supposed to grow up.
I’m just so grateful to have you, at least for now. I hope we can continue to stay close through these teenage years.
The Saturday before your birthday, we went to IKEA together and you picked out a new duvet set and some pretty lace curtains to add to your bedroom.
The Saturday before your birthday, we went to IKEA together and you picked out a new duvet set and some pretty lace curtains to add to your bedroom.
For your birthday breakfast, I tried a new recipe…
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes.
Yum. Even you loved them, and you won’t usually eat breakfast before school.
Hazel and I checked you out of school for lunch and we went out.
Too bad we didn’t get a picture!
That night, six of your Lincoln Academy friends came over for a party.
It lasted from 5-11 pm.
It lasted from 5-11 pm.
You all hung out in the basement, ate Panda Express, then
went to Wal-Mart for a photo scavenger hunt game.
You came home and we sang to you (off-key on purpose) then ate the Funfetti cake with homemade lemon frosting that you wanted, along with Raspberry sherbet.
It was so fun having your school friends over. I hear about them a lot, but only get to see Abbie because she lives in our neighborhood. What cute girls!
Then, you all went downstairs and watched The Help. What a fun girls’ night. One of your favorite things in life is “girl time.” You got that from me, I think.
I love you, Sadie. You are beautiful inside and out. I'm so very blessed to be your mom.


No comments:
Post a Comment