Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Our Russian Ballerina

Anya was in a 4-year-old combo dance class this spring. Her recital was Monday night and she blew us away! She had spent hours that day at the performing arts center, so I worried that she was done with the whole thing. But when it was time for her class’ number, she went right out on stage with the bright lights and performed like a super star. We were so proud!

My sweet neighbor, Tara came over to take some pictures for us before I took her to her dress rehearsal because my camera is being fixed. At the recital, they wouldn’t allow pictures during the performance, so I couldn't even get any with my phone camera. Boo. I guess we'll have to buy the dang video. At any rate, these are sure cute, aren't they?

A recital layout 1
A recital sitting 2
2 verticle copy
Any time you see her with the big cheesy grin, it's when the person taking the picture says, "cheese" or "smile." I'm learning that the best way to get Anya's eyes to show up in pictures is to sneak the shots. :) Love our little Russian princess. She is so much fun.

Here is Anya with her dance "sponsor," Pam. Pam is a self-proclaimed "psycho dance mom" (also known as Anya's aide at school). After she hinted a few times about how much I really needed to put Anya in a dance class, I told her we had to cut out "extra" things like this right now with the adoption coming up. She really wanted to see her superstar student up on stage. :) So she insisted on paying her tuition! And the recital fees...everything! She even spent the dress rehearsal day with Anya. She has two girls who dance at the same studio, so she had to go anyway, but that was a huge help to me. Is she awesome, or what?


Thank you Pam!! Anya loved this great experience and we owe it all to you!

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

BUY BUY BUY THE VIDEO! I MUST SEE IT!!!!

rosedel said...

The pic on the bottom right is awesome. She looks so pretty and so full of attitude! Perfect capture of her spirit!