Thursday, June 7, 2012

How is it possible...


that you can leave someone you've only known a few days

and feel like a part of you is missing?


IMG_2077

How do you fall in love with a child that isn't "yours?"

Not just find them cute...

but really fall in love?


I've been asking myself this question all week.

It's interesting that it can even happen.


h dad square

And I think I have the answer.


Motherhood encompases much more

than raising children who came from your womb.

A mother's heart can

grow

and grow

and grow.


It's capacity is endless.


May 2012 081
God has shown me how love

"other people's babies"

simply because I'm willing to.


There's no secret formula.

You don't have to be Mother Theresa.


You just have to be willing

to let them in

and to allow yourself time.


IMG_2195


There's something extraordinary

about chosing to mother

a child that has been thrown away.



What a privelage, what a gift.

It will change you forever.