Dear 2011, you were so good to us.
You will go down in the Fillmore Family history as our most eventful.
Or at least we hope so.
Or at least we hope so.
You provided countless adventures,
learning experiences
and most of all, unspeakable joy.
You taught us acceptance, tolerance, patience, and humility
as we struggled through some challenges.
You brought us closer to our Savior and to one another.
We are grateful you graced us with your presence.
You sent Jeremy and I all the way to Russia. Twice.
You freed a special little girl from bondage
And grafted her right into our family.
We will forever thank you for this.
It wasn't all rosy and sweet, though.
Thank you for seeing us through some tough months of transition.
And turning two little people into the best of friends.
In early summer, you saw us through the sale of one home
and the purchase of another.
You also made us even more grateful for our Grandma Hinton
as her life was spared several times.
In late summer, you provided us with our most fun vacation ever
and a very, very special day.
August and December each brought horrendous weeks for these two little toads
as they recovered from their respective tonsillectomies.
Thank the heavens above that you saw them through.
October thru December brought us FIVE new cousins
And our finished basement!
(So glad we're finally done.
We are LOVING it, by the way...)
You want to know what one of our favorite things are about you, 2011?
All the many friends who have come into our lives
through the Reece's Rainbow and Down Syndrome communities.
We are united by a passion for making a difference
and one extra chromosome.
Thank you, 2011 for introducing us to a world that we
never dreamed could be so fantastic.
Even though you were tough
(not as tough as 2010, but tough)
I wouldn't trade you for anything.
Our lives are sooo much more full
and have greater meaning and purpose.
I am so grateful that you graced us with your presence
and for the way that you changed us.
Sadie told me that you were her favorite year so far.
I think I have to agree.
You were pretty dang awesome.
Sadie told me that you were her favorite year so far.
I think I have to agree.
You were pretty dang awesome.
Thanks again,
Love,
The Fillmore's
The Fillmore's

















5 comments:
Happy New Year!
Happy New Year!! Very touching and we are so happy for you guys!!
Beautiful post!! I was just thinking I need to do a post like this ! So glad I met you in 2011 and got to witness miracles with you! You were a driving inspiratiOn that led us to follow our hearts to Mia !
Love it! What a great year your family had! :-) Here's to hoping for 2012 and all the changes it will bring to our family...
Cynthia
http://www.adreamadoption.blogspot.com
Now THAT is an awesome post for an even AWESOMER year! Love it!!!
Post a Comment