We started out by eating at a Thai restaurant in downtown SLC called Sawadee. WOW. If you're ever in SLC, go there and order the coconut soup. It is absolutely amazing. It was great to have some time to catch up a little on life. We're all so busy with our families, we hardly have time to talk any more.
![]() |
| The Hinton Girls. Jen, Michelle, Mom, Me and Heidi |
| The five of us in Durango, Colorado in 1979 |
I feel especially grateful to have my mom in my life still. She had two heart attacks this summer. One in June and one in July. The second one happened because of a blood clot that formed in the stint that was placed in her artery after the first one. A third scare happened a couple of weeks ago when Sadie was staying with her at her St. George condo. She had a terrible tooth ache that caused her blood pressure to skyrocket and she started having chest pains again. Both of my parents are having scary health things these days, so we thank God for every month, every year that we get to have them here on the earth with us. They are such a blessing to all of us!
So, back to the GNO. After dinner, we went to a Josh Groban concert! My Mom adores him. And I have to agree, there is just something about his voice that sends you into La-La land. It reminds me of a beautiful cello. He was just incredible in concert. He's very witty and smart and loves to flirt with the audience and send all the women into swooning fits. It was funny to watch from our high seats. My only complaints about this concert were that you couldn't understand the words to the songs because of the echo in the arena, and I wish he would have sung a little less Spanish songs. They are beautiful, but come on, we're English speaking people here! Other than that, I give the concert 5 stars!Tomorrow is Landon's 15th birthday, then Thursday we're headed to Yellowstone Nat'l Park in a rented motor home. School starts the day after we return. The summer is about to go out with a bang. Jeremy and I are gonna be exhausted. Heaven help us. We always wonder what on earth we were thinking when we attempt things like this. Ha ha.

3 comments:
It all sounds wonderful! We have often thought about renting an RV for a family vacation so I am excited to hear how it goes! We bought an RV years ago in order to take a cross country family trip to visit my grandparents. We unfortunately didn't have a large budget and ended up with an old motorhome that decided to break down in the most barren and deserted locations(of course!) and not only did the air conditioning not work but it had issues of over heating and so we had to run the heater to keep it cool. Imagine six children in AUGUST in a very hot motorhome driving long hours. WHEW! Glad that trip is over! Yours sounds much much better.... Enjoy yourselves!
Cynthia
http://www.adreamadoption.blogspot.com
I'll bet some of those latin songs were actually Italian. Those tend to send me swooning. (sigh)
Michelle from RR gave me your blog because we are considering a girl with DS from Russia, and I had questions about the medical exam. YIKES. I read your post and almost died. I was assured by someone else that no girlie parts would be viewed, then I read about being topless! Oh my!!!!
We adopted two kids from Ukraine last year- DS and spina bifida. Incidentally, we originally were with IAN too!! Lost $2,300, but I can safely say it was worth it to pull out..... :) We thought about going back with a different ET agency, but you know, these little EE orphans are just so dang cute! ;)
Kari
Post a Comment