Could this really be? Didn't I just give birth to our 9 pound 3 ounce "Pooker" with the Mon-Chi-Chi hair, like a couple of years ago? I never knew I could love someone as fiercely as I loved that baby boy. He changed me forever.
As the oldest child, Landon is our guinea pig. A lot of times when we do stupid things like over-react to the things he does wrong, we tell him thank you for being patient with us because we're learning to be parents at the same time that he's learning to be 6..10...12...and now 15. Boy, he sure puts up with a lot.
I do believe he's gonna turn out OK, though.
Not just OK, but absolutley amazing. Not because of anything we're doing, but because he's just one of those noble spirits.
He's always been the youngest in his class because of his late summer birthday. Throughout the 9th grade, his friends had deeper voices and stood taller. He hated that he was shorter than his friends. I kept telling him, "I'll bet you'll shoot up this summer."
Boy, was I was right! I think he grew 3 or 4 inches this summer. I know his feet did. We bought his school shoes a month ago, thinking we'd be smart and beat the back-to-school crowds. That was a mistake! They are already too small! His foot grew from a size 10.5 a 12. His feet are now longer than his dads'. I had to buy all new pants, too! And his voice is deep!
Crazy stuff.
A week ago, Landon had his "magic birthday." He turned 15 on the 15th! Not too exciting, unfortunately. But he was OK with that. He was just at the tail end of his tonsilectomy recovery, which was so nice to have over with. That was one painful week.
His birthday began with our traditional breakfast in bed.
Very Berry Breakfast Cake and an omelet. Mmmm.
That night, we got a sitter took the four older kids to Pizza Factory to celebrate.
Party time!
Happy High School days to my Landon J.
May you grow from your mistakes, make friends who build you up
and be that friend as well.
Oh, and get good grades, too!!!!
I love you forever!






3 comments:
landon, i hope your first day was great. have a good school year. we love you. i loved the post, about you. love ya-
gf. said all that !!!
How great that he got to wait to go to high school until 10th grade. My guy (who will be 15 at the end of September) walked through the halls of high school at age 13 (turned 14 one month later). And what a great mom that you got up and fed him breakfast in bed. I grunted at mine as he walked out the door for his first day of seminary. All of it was just way to early for this former homeschooling mom.
Katrina
Carlene's soon to be momma :)
www.operationorphannomore.blogspot.com
Post a Comment