Saturday, July 31, 2010

Fun with our New Friends


Wow, what an exhausting week it has been.  I now have an idea of what it would be like to have seven kids and have to take some of them to school 1/2 hour away every day.  And have to cook dinner every day in the summer! 

The day after they got here, we took them to  Salt lake for the Days of '47 Parade, then went to Asian Buffet so they could experience some "delicious" Americanized Asian cuisine. 


One night, we took the girls to see a dairy farm for their first time.  They liked that I think. 



They are so cute.  They call Jeremy and I Dad and Mom.  They have eaten everything I have made (good thing because I hate cooking in the summer, and it's killin' me!) and they are so great to offer to help make dinner, do dishes, and clean the house.  This is definitely a crazy-busy 2 1/2 weeks, but an experience we'll always remember with a smile on our faces.

Sadie and Kelly are becoming great friends.  It's really sweet to hear Sadie talk to Kelly in slow, precise English so she can understand.  It reminds me of when I was her age and my best friend, Katharine and I befriended a Korean woman who knew very little English.  We are still in touch after all these years.  What a neat experience for a couple of girls who live a world apart. 



Today we ate lunch at Heritage Park in Cedar Hills.  I just love that place.
After our picnic, Jeremy took the kids to the movie while Eli and I had a blissful nap.
One and a half weeks to go.  Bring it on!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Looks like you are having so much fun! Heritage Park is literally down the street from our best friends house and we stay there for a couple of weeks each year. My Sadie (ds) and I would love to meet up with you and your new addition "Anna" after she is home and when things settle down. I love reading your blogs and getting to know your family better. Anna (and the rest of your children) are very blessed to have such a beautiful, faithful, and fun-loving family.