Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Aww Yeah

Here we have Jeremy in July, on his way out the door to get his braces removed.
I made him stop and let me take a picture and he humoured me.



And here is my handsome man now. Notice the perfectly straight teeth and the smile that says how happy he is that he can bite into corn on the cob and apples.


Funny story:

He was scheduled to have his braces removed at the end of June. The night before his appointment, he had a nightmare that when he got to the Orthodontist's office, they put him in the chair and couldn't get his brackets off and told him he would have to keep them on forever. He woke up and told me all about his dream and how glad he was that it was just a dream.

Well, later that morning, he went to his appointment. He sat down in the chair, and they started adjusting his braces like a normal appointment.

"Um...I'm supposed to be getting these off today. Remember, you told me last month?"

"Woops! We forgot to put the removal on the schedule. I guess we'll just have to take them off next month, unless a removal cancellation comes up before then."

I got an e-mail from him later that day that said, "My nightmare came true!" I laughed hard when I read it because he complained about his hatred for those dang braces every time we ate anything for the past year and the day had FINALLY arrived for freedom, only to find out it was not to be. It reminded me of the last days of pregnancy. So funny.

He ended up having to wait a whole month longer...no cancellations. Ah, poor guy. Well, I'm sure his teeth are even straighter for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a funny story Heather. I too have contemplated getting braces. Is it really worth it?