Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Beware!

L's b-day cake
We now have a TEENAGER in the house!

We officially celebrated his birthday on Sunday, the 16th, since we were gone the day before. We had to wake him up early that morning so he could have his breakfast in bed before church. As you can see, he was more than thrilled.

That evening, we enjoyed a "Million Dollar Cake" with a pineapple and mandarine orange frosting, as per Landon's request. We invited Kyle and his family over to help us celebrate.


It's so hard to believe that our cute little guy who was the first grace our family, is a big teenager. But on the other hand, he has matured so much lately, that it's not hard to beleive. I appreciate Landon for his willingness to go out of his comfort zone many times to serve others. I know he's a great example to his friends and I'm so proud of him for the way he's always stretching and striving to be a better person. Landon has a huge heart and has a way of making others feel happy. I love you Landon! I hope you enjoy your teen years and remember them with a smile on your face.

2 comments:

Valerie Chandler said...

He is as cute as buttons.

Lisa said...

Yeah for Landon!
Can't believe it! He was turning 11 when I came... time flies