Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fillmore Fun

I need to do some catching up from the past few weeks. So much fun, not enough time to blog about it!

We got together with Jeremy's family on August 7 & 8. We stayed at Lorrie and Kam's house in the Heber Valley. It's so quiet and pretty there. They have a lot of land, so those who had RVs parked them in the back yard. The rest of us losers stayed in the house ;D

Friday morning after breakfast, some of us drove to a private pond and did some catch-and-release fishing. This was the first time we have fished in years! I've been itching to get the "fishing bug" into our family lately. I grew up fishing a lot in the summers with my dad. It's one of my sweetest memories. I was pleasantly surprised that Jeremy liked it, even with the kids needing him to help them with various unpleasantries like getting unstuck and putting new hooks on the line. I love my hubby! He's the best. It's always wonderful when you can continue passing traditions to your kids, and your spouse who is unfamiliar and uninterested, will actually oblige.





That afternoon, even though it was cold and breezy, we enjoyed a neighbor's swimming pool for a couple of hours.
sadie jumping
It was great to see Zachary! He had just returned from an LDS mission to Mexico that week.







The next day all the big boys and dads went on a beautiful ride above Strawberry Reservoir.


While they were out, we made bubble machines with water bottles.
bubble machines
bubble collage

We love to hang out with all the Fillmores. They are the best!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

FUUUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!