Wednesday, June 17, 2009

For Our Inhaling Enjoyment

Here's the view from our kitchen window.

It almost makes me want to do the dishes.

I love that we haven't had the air conditioner on for the first few weeks of summer. This has been such a wet June. It feels like we live in Seattle or something.

I love opening the windows and inhaling the scent of rain and feeling the cool breeze flow through the house.

Even Sadie likes to sit out on the patio and inhale the fresh air.

And while we're on the subject of inhalation...

This one actually wins the prize for being the yummiest source of smelling enjoyment. Even in the middle of the night when I'm all groggy. All it takes is one whiff of his squishy little neck, and I'm no longer bitter about being woken up.

I wonder if our Creator planned it that way. Like the scent of your baby is the "bonus prize" that helps you make it through those weeks of sore breasts and lack of sleep. You pick up the soft, warm little ball, take a whiff and think, "Ahhh, everything is good. I believe I'm going to make it."

So now I've thought of something I can add to my daily prayers: "...and thank you for making babies smell so good."

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Your yard looks beautiful! Wanna come and smell too. :-)It's been very rainy here too (it still is)- though it does not feel like summer at all the smell is great, that's true. Nothing beats the air after fresh rain!