Thursday, January 29, 2009

Three Cheers for New Chairs!


I've been wanting to get rid of these babies (the chair in the background, along with it's twin that sits across from it) for as long as we've lived in this house-almost 6 years. They were purchased at a yard sale for $12 each, when we lived in our little starter home in Provo. We just needed something to fill the empty living room we had at the time. I liked the modern look of them. But they are covered with cheap vinyl that now has holes and the wood needs a good refinishing. Every Christmas when we take them downstairs to make room for the Christmas tree, I hint to Jeremy about how much I would LOVE for them to stay down there forever and we should get something else to replace them. Of course there's always somewhere else for the money to go, so back up the stairs they come, just because we need the seating.

So this year I said THAT'S IT! They are not coming back up. I've been on a quest to find the perfect replacements since Christmas. Something with a similar style--clean lines, but not TOO modern. And they have to match everything and not require us to have to get new curtains. I've been on KSL Classifieds a couple of times a week hoping something would pop up for a really good price.

What do you think? Only $50 each. Purchased at World Market for $250 each a year ago and owned by a couple with no kids, so they are in perfect condition. I'm a little nervous about the light fabric. They'll probably need to be recovered in a few years with 5 kids sneaking food in the living room and all. But for $100, I'm a happy girl! We used our Christmas money from Jeremy's parents. Thanks, G&G Fillmore!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great find. They are beautiful! Gotta love KSL. What fabric are they made out of?

Lytles said...

Beautiful chairs! I'm also in the search for chairs but like you said there's always something else like a new garbage disposal or something else that has broken down. I'll have to check KSL because you found the perfect deal! Looks great!

Heather said...

Just a soft upolstery fabric of some kind. It really helped soften up our leathery room.

Heather said...

Oh, I can TOTALLY relate, got a couple couches that really have to go...one is a little better than the other and that's the one we quickly usher guests to sit on. I love your new chairs, you were blessed.

Heather J.