Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kickin' Pregnant Lady

Thought you might get a kick out of watching a 7 month pregnant lady teach Turbokick :) I had to videotape a class at the rec center so the aerobics coordinator could evaluate me. She's "evaluating" all the instructors right now. This is the first time in my 2 1/2 years of teaching there that she has done this, and it happens to be when I'm pregnant. Oh joy. I actually really like teaching there because it's a nice casual atmosphere. No college girls in skimpy clothes with fake tans or guys flexing thier muscles as they trot through the gym. Just a nice family atmosphere.

This video was very painful for me to watch! Not only has my butt spread :) but I was able to see some quirky little problems with my form, and things that I say and do TOO MUCH! I can see why it's important to do this every once in a while in order to improve. Jeremy and I were saying it would be good to video tape yourself in a normal day just dealing with your kids. You don't realize the body language you use a lot unless someone points it out or you see it on tape!

I put a few short clips together so you could see what I do twice a week to keep my endorphines flowing...and give me the opportunity to do what I love to do best--EAT. :) Of course, I have to keep things pretty low impact nowadays, so this doesn't really represent the full gusto! But you can get the idea. :) There were actually about 10 people in this class, but you can't see them with the angle of the camera. They all went to the back of the room for the whole class when they saw the camcorder and the way it was pointed. Typical women.

If you live around AF and would like to try a class or two at the Rec Center, I've got some free group fitness class passes. There are some fun ones! "Zumba" is a hit, and the cycling classes will definately whip you into shape. Here's to a fit new year!

3 comments:

AmyJ said...

Hey, Fillmores!! (Found your blog on Amee's) I can't believe you turbo kick at 7 months!! Crazy woman! :) That's great!!

Love the blog! It's fun to see what everyone's up to, especially when we only see ya once or twice a year :) Hope everything's going great for y'all!!

~Matt, Amy, Chloe, Porter, & Cooper

Stacy said...

Heather...I need to be closer so you can whip me back into shape. I've been so bad about working out since Mia was born. I'm a slacker! You look great. See you next week!

Anonymous said...

You go girl. That is awesome you are still bouncin around like that. You are a great instuctor too. You should look into getting certified to teach Zumba after the baby comes. It's so much fun, and very addicting. I'm so proud of my sistor.