Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things about Me

I was tagged on Facebook a bunch of times on this. I decided to go ahead and give it a try. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to come up with 25 things. If you're reading this, I tag YOU!

1. I am #5 of 7 kids. I'm going to have #5 in April, but NO, we aren't going for 7.
2. I love spicy asian food or anything fresh.
3. Although I'm kind of a health nut, I eat too much, and I'm a sucker for sweets and have to get my daily dose of chocolate.
4. One of my favorite things to do is take 20-minute power naps. If they are any longer, I can't sleep at night. Usually if I don't have one, though, I get cranky like a little kid.
5. I'm a really light sleeper. I am the one who hears the kids calling out, but I know if I get up I won't get back to sleep, so I kick Jeremy and he jumps right up, tends to their needs and is back snoozing within one minute. I can't sleep in the same room with my squeeky, grunty newborn babies. They are outa there within a couple of weeks. So sad.
6. When I talk on the phone in casual conversation, I can't just sit there. I almost always subconciously get the broom out and start sweeping. It's like the person on the phone can see my dirty floor or something.
7. I love to sweat hard. If a workout doesn't make me red in the face and sweaty, it's not for me. This is because time is precious, and again, I like to eat.
8. I love to try new recipes and experiment in the kitchen. I love to cook--as long as my kids are out of the kitchen and not fighting or whining at the time :) I also make them eat what I make. No picky-poos!
9. I procrastinate too much.
10. I'm always trying to reinvent the wheel and never stick to one system.
11. I love that my husband likes a clean kitchen and is OK with being the one to clean it.
12. I am a loyal friend and can't understand why everyone else isn't the same way.
13. I love music and singing. Some day I'd like to learn to play the guitar.
14. I chew on my tongue whenever I vacuum or mop or do Sadie's hair---weird.
15. I'm more of a pushover parent than my husband. If Dad says no, they always come to me.
16. I'm also kind of a pushover when people are selling things. I have trained my kids to not answer the door when a salesman is there because I hate to be rude and say no!
17. If I had lots of money, I would hire a housekeeper and have a weekly massage.
18. I rarely watch TV anymore, but I know I make up for it in front of the computer.
19. I used to like scrapbooking, but now have become addicted to blogging and putting it all in a book instead. I love that it brings out the writer in me!
20. I am uncomfortable taking compliments, but at the same time, I'm trying to be more free with giving them.
21. Some day I'd like to go to Italy.
22. I LOVE being a mommy. I think this is the best time of my life right now, having kids who are old enough to fend for themselves somewhat, but not quite teenagers.
23. I wish I could spy on my kids at school for a whole day :)
24. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Communicative Dissorders, which is what you get if you want to get a Masters in Audiology or Speech Pathology. So if I want to do anything with my degree, I have two more years of school.
25. I need to go now...going out for dinner with my hubby and some friends...one of my FAVORITE things to do! Wish we could do it every week!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Loved getting to know you better! The best thing about you, in my opinion, is that you are REAL, and yet such a great example to all of us!! Thanks.

Lisa said...

I loved hearing from you the last day...
All the best to you guys!

Lisa said...

How can you put your blog in a book?
I probably can´t anyway but it´s interesting. :-)
Do you like how it turns out?

Heather said...

Lisa--go to www.blurb.com and find where it talks about "blog books." Your blog can be uploaded to their site, then you drag and drop the pictures and text into the page layouts that you want. Then they send you a nice hardcover book! It's really fun. I'm almost done with our 2008 one. I'm so excited!