

Have you ever heard of the Orem Owlz? Neither had we, until we were given six free tickets at the Scouting Expo. "If it's free its for ME (us!)" This team is a member of the Pioneer League. Their home field is at UVU in Orem. The kids thought it was AWESOME! We sat at the edge of the stadium seats and let them play on the hill when they wanted. Landon spent 8 of the 9 innings down at the bottom waiting with his mit for a foul ball to come his way, along with dozens of other boys. Miraculously, he actually caught the last foul ball of the game! I think he must have been the biggest kid who was going for it, because it landed in his mit! That was the highlight of his night--as well as the fact that I let him spend his hard-earned money on an Orem Owlz baseball cap.


Bennett's favorite things about the game were 1) the playground and 2) his TICKET! He loved that little ticket and carried it around most of the night. He tried to give his ticket to the Owl but he gave it right back. Of course, owls can't talk, so he just motioned to him to keep it. Dad talked him into giving Mr. Owl a hug.




Just for the record, Sadie and I were there, too. Somehow, we were not in any of the pictures. I guess when you go to baseball games, you take pictures of the BOYS!
This is definately going to have to be a yearly summer tradition. It was a winner.
1 comment:
Haha, funny pictures.
I love that one where Bennett is giving Mr.Owl a hug! Cute...
He has become so big since I left! Even his face has changed- I won´t be able to recognize him when I´m gonna visit you!
Big strong boy! :-)
Best wishes to everyone!!!!
Post a Comment