![]() |
| Photo credit for all of the photos like this in this post: Jennifer Bacher |
My baby only has three months left of being five.
I wrote a short post about him a month or so ago,
but I just want to add a few more things about him
right now, at this time.
Savouring the Little Things.
Eli is very inquisitive.
He asks me questions about everything that he sees
or thinks about.
He loves to learn new things.
One of the things I'm relishing in right now
is his exuberance for life.
There's no holding back joy at this age.
His face lights up and he laughs
at whatever makes him happy.
For example:
When I drive into the driveway and he's outside playing
he waves, yells "Hi Mom!!" and laughs.
Even if I've only been gone for 10 minutes.
When I drop him off for Kindergarten,
or when he's leaving to go play with a friend
he always says
"See you later, alligator."
with a big smile on his face
and waits for my
"in a while crocodile."
It makes him smile huge every time.
If I happen to change things up in any way
like I say the alligator part first,
he just laughs and laughs.
Makes me want to squeeze the daylights out of him.
Eli loves to watch videos on You Tube of people pretending.
Like people dressed up like Spiderman, doing Parkour tricks
or people dressed up like Mario and Luigi chasing each other around
or people playing with toys
or kids pretending to be cops.
Then he goes and does the same thing in his imaginative world.
One morning, he begged and begged until
I made him a "Steve" from Minecraft costume
out of cardboard.
Eli is a social boy.
He loves to play with friends
any chance he can get.
This is his buddy, Ben.
We carpool with him to Kindergarten
and they play several mornings a week
before school.
Cutest, most imaginative little duo.
He's just as happy to hang out with me, though.
He'll take any chance he can get
to just sit and chat with me.
Mama's boy.
Thankfully, reading is coming very easily for him.
He loves sounding out words that he sees on things
and likes to spell things out that he sees on boxes, etc
and ask me what it says.
If only we could freeze time
or at least slow it down
so we could enjoy our children
longer.
What a gift sweet Eli is in our lives.
We love him so much.










No comments:
Post a Comment