Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day to my Dad

 
 
Thank you for always putting your family first. It has made more of an impact on all of our lives than you will ever know.
 
 
 
Thank you for being supportive of all our ambitions. It's helping us each to develop our gifts and grow into the people God intends for us to be.
 
Thank you for your "chin pies" and tossing me in the air to "touch the sky" when I was a little girl. I still remember the joy I felt when you came home from work each day. You had seven kids, but each one of us felt like your favorite. 
 
Silverton Train 1977. We had just moved to Durango, CO and where Dad was the food service director at Fort Lewis College. We were living in some dorms, waiting to close on our house when this pic was taken.

 
 Thank you for making each one of my children feel valued and adored. You play such an important role in their knowing just how cherished they are.
 
Sadie and Grandpa 2006
 
Thank you for instilling in me a reverence for God's creations. I love that you and mom still get out in nature whenever you can.
 
 
 
Thank you for teaching me how to parent without hollering.   Actually, my kids should thank you for that one. :)
 
Thank you for working so hard to provide for your family. We always had what we needed, never more, never less.
 
Easter Sunday 1981 in front of the Bloomington Country Club that Dad managed in the 80's
 
Most of all, thank you for staying true to your beliefs and planting the seeds of my testimony in me. Your love for the gospel is evident in the way you live your life and respect everything that God has given you.
 
 
 
I love you forever, Dad!

No comments: