I'm at Primary Children's all day today for Hazel's tonsillectomy, so I thought I'd catch up a bit. I really want to finished blogging about our trip before I forget everything! So...back to Washington DC. Here's day 4.
We saved our trip to Arlington Cemetery for our last day in DC. On our way to the Metro station, we had to stop and get Bennett his hat. His big brother got one the day before when we were separated. So Bennett was very anxious to get his cool Washington DC hat, too. This was first on our agenda!
Watching the changing of the guards made us think a lot about discipline and honor. How disciplined these young men must be. And how honored they are to have this responsibility.
We saw two of these horse-drawn herses go by. I didn't realize there are several people buried at Arlinton every day. Mostly veterans. This was sobering, as well, hearing the clip-clop of the horses feet and seeing one of the horses without a rider, representing the soldier or veteran who had passed on.
We saved our trip to Arlington Cemetery for our last day in DC. On our way to the Metro station, we had to stop and get Bennett his hat. His big brother got one the day before when we were separated. So Bennett was very anxious to get his cool Washington DC hat, too. This was first on our agenda!
There we go!
Just two metro stops away from our hotel, Arlington Cemetery!
We couldn't get over the size of it.
We were happy about the cooler temeratures this day. The rain threatened to come down all afternoon, and finally did at the end of our tour.
![]() |
| JFK's grave with the Eternal Flame |
The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was very touching to see. We were told that the job of guarding the tomb is a very prestigious position in the military. Amazing. Sobering.
Watching the changing of the guards made us think a lot about discipline and honor. How disciplined these young men must be. And how honored they are to have this responsibility.
We saw two of these horse-drawn herses go by. I didn't realize there are several people buried at Arlinton every day. Mostly veterans. This was sobering, as well, hearing the clip-clop of the horses feet and seeing one of the horses without a rider, representing the soldier or veteran who had passed on.











No comments:
Post a Comment