Saturday, May 11, 2013

To My Mother

by Jeremy
  
One very adored Wife and Mother

My siblings and I have been taught by our Dad the most important person in our lives here on earth is our "Mother".  Dad enforced respect and love for our Mother in every way when we were growing up In word and example. I can still see that look in his face when we  drifted towards being 'too cool' for mom in some way. 

We never referred to her as "Mom." I recall my friends using the term "Mom" and always wondered why they were so casual. It may just be old fashioned I guess as my Mother always referred to my grandmother as her 'Mother'. I like it. If you think about it, how would the world be if we had  always used the word mom instead of Mother? Mom Teresa? Old Mom Hubbard, The Mom Load...it just doesn't resonate.

 I simply appreciate the way I was brought up to use this simple yet appropriate title to revere this incredible daughter of Heavenly Father that sacrificed herself to bring 4 of us into Mortality...many years ago now. :)

From my earliest years until now, my Mother has successfully helped others to feel of her motherly love. My closest friends from high school still give her a hug whenever they see her and call her mom. I've always thought that was cool. In fact one of them was recently in a serious accident and when she heard of it she cried along with me when it didn't look like he was going to make it. Then when he did she was often at his door step doing anything she could for him and his sweet family. I love this about my Mother.

Now for her laugh! I love my Mother's laugh. She laughs often, and sometimes cries when she laughs and has to wipe away the tears. She is full of laughs. Just ask the grand kids how much she teases them and they'll confirm this.


Here's one time when I successfully made her laugh...and cry. This was Mother's Day a few years ago when she was still working as a 'lunch lady' at my old high school. One of my employees (whos mother also happened to be a lunch lady there) and I decided to dress like lunch ladies and pay them a visit. It went over quite well.  This is a memory with my Mother that she nor I will ever forget...even if she wishes she could. :)



To my dear Mother, may I say that I simply love having been born, raised, guided, taught, disciplined and LOVED by you.

I regret not being with you to hug you and kiss your cheek and to hear you laugh today.

Happy MOTHER'S Day.

Lovingly,
Jeremy
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, Thanks Jeremy, I wish you were here to give you a hug ((((HUG)))). You always say the nicest things. I do LOVE you more than tongue can. You were and are such a thoughtful son. You have been a great blessing in my life.I feel very honored to be your mother. Thanks. Have a great day. It was so nice of Heather and girls to come to the dinner on Friday. LOVE u all, your mother.