Friday, May 17, 2013

Mom Day


Mother's Day 2012
A year ago on Mother's Day, we took a beautiful Sunday afternoon walk on a trail that was near our home and we had just discovered. We found this fallen tree and took a picture of the kids all lined up under it.

We left a spot at the end for Hazel and our hearts skipped a beat, thinking about the fact that, after five months of waiting, we would be flying all the way to Siberia a couple of weeks later to meet her.


Mothers Day Kids sm copy
Mother's Day 2013
On Mother's Day afternoon this past week, we went back to the same spot for an updated photo.

Look how much they've all grown--in height and numbers!

Doesn't Hazel fill that empty  spot so perfectly? She's been home four months and I still have to pinch myself that she's really here, and that she came from so far away!


B path

This was so peaceful and green. All the kids were happy, the weather was perfect...I couldn't have asked for a better end to Mother's Day.

Daddy and Hazel even matched! :)

H Dad path

H dads hand
 
This is Hazel's "You can't catch me!" face. Usually it's not funny at all.
Today it was A-OK because we were on a big, long trail and I had plenty of help.

H path
 
Few things warm a mama's heart more than seeing her kids voluntarily hold hands.
(By the way, Landon wrote me the sweetest, longest note he's ever written to me.
Made me cry, of course. He's just so darn grown up lately. It's killing me!)

kids path2
 
Anya is maturing a ton, as well. She's getting so much easier to take places now. We don't have to hang on to her any more out in public. Yeah for that!
Love this girl. She's been with us for two whole years now! Can you believe it?
 
MD Anya
 

My snuggle boy, Bennett. 
"Mom, take a picture of me on this tree!"

MD Bennett

Rocky LOVES walks and is so good to stay nearby when we take him off his leash.
He's such a good dog, and a huge asset to our family.
He entertains the kids better than any video game.
 

Rocky path




I think he enjoyed the ride home even more than the walk.


 
 

 




I don't think I've ever had Jeremy take a picture with me and all the kids before.
I can't help but smile when I look at this.
I never imagined in my wildest dreams that Heavenly Father would make me
the mother of seven.
 
SEVEN!

Mothers Day Mom and Kids sm copy
 
Each one of these cuties bring so much variety and joy to my life.
Man, am I ever blessed.
 
Going koo-koo at the moment..but blessed.

 

1 comment:

rosedel said...

These are wonderful pictures. You are blessed with a beautiful quiver. I was happy to see Rocky. Did he get over his little problem with the chair? lol