In 10 days, we'll be flying over the ocean to go dance with our 'lil monkey again and reassure a judge that we are fit to be her parents. YEAH!! We'll arrive in her city on Sunday, Nov 4. We'll visit her twice Sunday, twice Monday, then spend Tuesday having our required medical exams (apparently it's an all-day thing because we have to drive to different clinics.) Wednesday we'll visit her again, then Thursday, Nov 8 is court! (They require so many visits before court. That's why we have to go so many days before.)I'm still in shock that it's actually happening! We have the visa process going already and the plane tickets and apartment booked. But it's all really surreal!
The unsettling part of this trip is that we don't know if we'll bring her home this trip, or if we'll have to go home and wait 30 days, then return. We requested in our court petition to have the 30 day waiting period waived. This particular judge has waived the waiting period in the past with children with Ds. But that was before the required waiting period switched from 10 days to 30. We don't know if this change will affect the probablility of it happening. Soooo...we'll bring all of Hazel's clothes, etc. and hope for the best! If the waiting period is not waived, this trip will only be a week long, then Sadie and I will return a month later. (Sadie is really hoping this is the case.) If it IS...then this trip will turn into at least 2 weeks. Luckily, our children have wonderful grandparents and friends who will watch over them while we are away. Have I told you how much I hate leaving my kids? I love a 2-3 day break now and then, but that's about all I need and I start missing them like crazy! UGGG... This is so hard! But we will make it, and Hazel will complete us...very soon!
I've waited five months to write this post. This is such a blessing and we are grateful beyond words. Hang on Hazel...we're coming!
2 comments:
Post a Comment