Good news! Our court dossier was submitted to the judge this past week! The preliminary court hearing is scheduled for Oct. 22. This is where our facilitator (and I think the orphanage social worker) meets with the judge and they go over all the paperwork to make sure everything is in order. At that time the judge will either request more paperwork or she'll put us on her schedule. And guess what?? It could be as soon as a week later, depending on if she can fit us in! So we could be leaving as soon as 3 weeks from now! This is FABULOUS news!
And here's the other great news. This region has decided that those who have adopted children in the past are exempt from having to do the newly-required 80 hours of adoption training! *exhale* It's great to not have to worry about that one. I know that training is a good thing, but having to complete it in that short of a period of time would have been very stressful. And if adopting an almost-six-year-old from an Eastern European institution isn't training, I don't know what is. I think we're about as prepared as we're gonna get.
I've already got the Visa process going, so we'll have our double-entry visas in time, even if we travel in a couple of weeks. Exciting times around the corner! Praying for good news in 16 days!
Saturday, October 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment