Monday, October 4, 2010

Conference Weekend in Logan

We just returned from a great weekend in Logan.  We heard that the USU Aggies were playing BYU and since it was General Conference weekend, we thought, what better reason to go support our team! We picked up our cute neice Halle "on the way" in Heber and took her with us.  The van was full.  We kept looking back and thinking, "this is exactly how it's going to be when we have Anna with us.  All 8 seats full, and one more cute little girl in the mix.  Halle is about the same size the Anna probably is, so it was a perfect visual.  When we stopped at Wendy's on the way and the kids all filed in, we were amazed at how many there were!  $36 later, we were back on the road. 

Eli was his cranky-in-the-car self.  This boy has about a 45 minute limit in the car.  Then he squacks and complains the rest of the way.  Thank goodness for DVD players that distract in little bits here and there.  We were mad we forgot his Baby Einstien DVDs.  He will actually watch those.


Jeremy, Landon and I all went to the game.  The seats were $30 or we would have brought the rest of the kids.  It was soooo fun seeing our Aggies finally beat BYU after ten losses!  The last time the Aggies beat the Cougars was 1993!  So this was a long-awaited win that they definately deserved.  They played so well!   Since we live in "Cougarland," we felt a little like 2-timers. But once an Aggie, always an Aggie.  We love our school.  Football has never been their strength in the past.  But things are looking good this year!


                             

Saturday we spent much of the day watching General Conference at the grandparents and letting the kids play with their cousins.  Sadie was so cute with all her little boy cousins.  They played school ALL DAY long!  Sadie was the teacher.  When the kids went outside to play,  she would eventually go out and ring her bell and call them all back in, then get them going on another activity.  When Jeremy took them out for ice cream, that was their "field trip."  Then when they got back, they were back in their world.  I wish I would have taken some pictures.  It was so cute.

Sunday, the kids all sat at the kitchen table and did art projects during conference.  They loved it!

Max drew pictures of the speakers as they spoke during both sessions on Sunday.  What do you think?  Not bad for an 8-year-old!





Even the babies had a good time.  Cannon is two months younger than Eli.  Is he cute or what?




When I get time, I'll have to put some of my favorite quotes from Conference on here.  It was all so inspiring and as always gave me a renewed sense of hope and excitement for the gospel. Loved it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Aggies, that's awesome! "U-tah State, hey, Aggies all-the-way, go aggies, go aggies, HEY HEY HEY!" With the hundreds of times I did that fight song, I don't think I'll ever forget it! Sounds like a great weekend in Logan. We need to plan a sunday dinner soon at our house.

Lisa said...

Oh yes, 6 kids ARE many! I'm sure I wouldn't be able to believe that those were ALL mine and that I didn't have any of them only 15 years ago.;) But you had some time of getting used to I guess.
And I think Max's drawings are great. Tell him good job on that! I love how he really tried to draw the different ties and hair and faces, not only tried of course but even managed to do so.
I also enjoyed seeing Cannon, in my opinion he looks much like his older brothers. I didn't even know they had a 3rd boy! Great for Eli to also have cousins that are that close in age... so there's always someone to play with. Fun!