Monday, October 11, 2010

Back Yard Campout

Landon's scout troop decided to go for a more cushy camp out this month.  They chose our back yard as the venue.  I think the original plan was to sleep out on the park behind the house, but then they decided they needed electricity so they could watch a movie on a big blow-up screen.  They stayed up until 1:30 watching a movie.    I think there were twelve 14-15 year-old boys on our lawn.  I kept waking up all night worrying that the cat would walk over one of them or something.

There were two leaders that stayed, too.  Amazing, those leaders are.  I so appreciate all that they give to provide so many great experiences for our boys.  Heck, they'll even sleep out in their neighbor's back yard!  They got up Saturday morning and made them a huge breakfast burrito spread on our deck.  I hope these boys know how lucky they are.  I would have snuck over to my house and into my comfy bed if I were one of them!

It was fun watching them slowly come to life one at a time out there.  Jeremy went out and took this picture at 8:00.  Only the leaders were up at that point. You can't even tell there are bodies in those sleeping bags! 

No comments: