Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Kid Party at the Office

Our annual Fillmore Christmas party in Smithfield was postponed at the last minute because of a huge snow storm last Friday. The kids (or at least the older ones, funny enough) were extremely sad. So we got creative and thought of something that's different and exciting that we could do instead. Jeremy came up with the idea of a movie night & sleep-over at his office. Landon, Sadie and Max each could invite a friend (Sadie talked us into two, naturally.)

We turned the conference room into a theater room and watched Elf, ate Pizza and junk food. You can't see the projection on the wall because of the camera flash, but it worked great!

After the movie, I took the young ones home to sleep in their own beds. We knew it was going to be a late night, and we were right.

They ended up watching one more movie, then staying up until 2 in the morning! The girls danced their little hearts out in the big, empty foyer.

The boys "drew up some plans" on the drafting table first.
Then they found some superballs (is that what they are called still?)to bounce from the two- story stair landing. Jeremy got a shot of the balls on thier way down! Aaaaah!


We decided this might be a fun Christmas break tradition. We don't normally do sleep-overs with friends, and after that night, I remembered why. They were GROUCHY the next day! But once a year? We may be able to swing that. :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That´s a good idea and looks like it turned out to be much fun! Hope you had a fun Christmas day as well.
I did, I´m gonna post about it soon...
I am enjoying the Christmas break right now, too. Still 9 days left... aah... so neat.