Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Food Storage Resource



The words "food storage" leave me feeling a little queezy. I know we're supposed to have a year's supply but I don't think we're even close, even though our food storage room is full. Anyway, I heard about this lady that was on KSL. They call her the "Food Storage Diva." She's a mom, probably my age, and she just knows the whole dig when it comes to food storage and usage. She took her grocery bill from $250 per week to $50 per week by learning to use whole foods in her cooking, making her own mixes, and getting creative with grains & legumes...all that stuff.

So I checked out the website. It's SOOO awesome! It has little lessons that teach you everything you need to know, starting with figuring out what to store, then how to use up things like wheat and powdered milk and make it actually taste good. You've got to check it out! I'm all motivated now. The prices of everything are rising so fast, it would just feel good to know it's on the shelves, and being used. The website is http://simplylivingsmart.com/ Click on "getting started." If you create a username and password, you have more access to the good stuff. Tell me what you think!

3 comments:

Julie H. said...

Heather, this photo consists of beer? Am I missing something? Thanks for the information. I'll have to check it out!

Heather said...

I was looking for a good food storage picture to use on google images, and this was one that came up. I thought I'd use it just to be stupid.

Heather said...

OK, I just changed the picture. That was really dumb. Now it will make more sense :)