

My dad finally decided to retire! If it wasn't for a bummer hip, he probably would have gone another year or two (he's 72 now!) He has loved his career in food service and has been a blessing to everyone who has worked with him. He can feed the multitudes with ease, and feels great satisfaction in improving food service programs and making them more enticing to students and profitable to the Universities for which he has worked. Just a few of the places he has worked for: Oral Roberts University in Oklahoma and Fort Lewis College in Durango CO during the 70's, Bloomington Country Club in St. George in the 80's, Utah State University in the 90's (until 1996) and for past 10 years, he's been the Director of Food Services at SUU. The people who work under him put on a reception in his honor last Friday. We stopped there on our way to St. George. It was touching to see how much the people there love him. He is such a kind, genuine man. Everyone who meets him feels instantly at home. Someone on his crew made him this fleece blanket with fish all over it, and others went in on a fly rod because they know he loves to fish. We're excited for the nice, relaxing years ahead for Dad. (Though I can't see him sitting around much. He likes to be on the go!) They would like to serve a mission sometime soon. We love Grandpa!
3 comments:
I love the look of your blog! I am happy to keep in touch. www.cgaddisgo.blogspot.com
Hi Heather! I found your blog through Cynthia's. Your family is sure growing up. The last time I saw them they were little kids. How fun!
I love your blog! I'm adding you to my friends and fam list, hope you don't mind!
Post a Comment