He has been a daddy for almost 18 years now.
And each year, he gets better and better at it.
If I wasn't his wife, I would want to be his daughter.
No one could ask for a more doting, loving, "present" dad.
I look through photos from the past 18 years
and I marvel at his gifts that make him the father he is.
The way he looked at his babies when they were fresh from heaven
and marveled at every little thing they did.
The way he cheered them on when they took their first steps
and hit their first baseball.
All the times when he comes home from work early
to coach or watch ball games.
All the one-on-one talks with each of the kids on Sunday nights
making sure that no one is left behind.
Not always an easy thing to do during challenging times
when he's spread so thin.
But his kids are the most important people in the world to him.
when he's spread so thin.
But his kids are the most important people in the world to him.
He knows what it's like to wear his heart outside of his chest
whether a child is struggling for happiness
or for a family of her own
or for life.
He does anything in his power to help make them better.
He prays for them
gives them blessings
tells them how loved they are
reads with them
hugs them.
He prays for them
gives them blessings
tells them how loved they are
reads with them
hugs them.
They know he loves them fiercely.
There is never any question.
Happy Father's Day, My Love.
I am blessed beyond everything
to share the journey of parenthood
with you.


1 comment:
So sweet Heather. We feel lucky to know you.
Post a Comment