Thursday, March 27, 2014

Little Things: March 2014

A snapshot into our lives right now:
(random little things) 

We are feeling more and more at home here in hick-ville. We've been here almost 5 months now, and the kick-back feel of small town life is starting to feel more normal. 

Landon has senior-itus. He's tired of the drive he has to make to AF every day. But he's taking it all in stride. 

We can't WAIT for the trees to leaf out! This back yard is going to be so fun.

Sadie is making friends at school and really likes her new Young Women's group here. She has been such a trooper through all of this change. She seems happy. When teenage girl is happy, the whole family is happy. 

Max turns 12 today! I talked him into having a birthday party with some of his new school friends so that they could get to know each other better. He had french toast style Eggo waffles with whipped cream for his breakfast in bed. Also, I took him to lunch today and we stopped at Wal-mart and got him a new Ripstick (since he lost his old one.)

Anya was a champ at the orthodontist last week. She had impressions made so that she can have an expansion appliance put in. We're going in next week to have it put in. Should be interesting the first week or so getting used to it.

I have had one kid home from school with sickness at least 3 times every week in the past 2 months. It has been one nasty late winter/early spring! I wonder if we're trying to get used to our new surroundings, or what. 

Landon just quit his job at Texas Roadhouse (in the kitchen) and will start working at Alpine Country Club at the golf course again this next week. 

Jeremy is in the process of purchasing some office space in Provo. It's in the Cottontree plaza where Pizza Factory is. He got an amazing deal on it and already has a tenant who will lease out half of it. The other half, they will do a little renovating on to make it look cool. Unfortunately, it still takes him just as long to commute because it's off of the freeway so much. We're exctited. NLD is finally going to own their own office space!


Bennett really misses Lincoln Academy. He's our creative boy, and this school isn't as creative and fun as Lincoln was. He hates memorizing stuff, which is what 2nd grade is all about....math facts, sight words, spelling words....yuck. 

Max is back in piano lessons. He wants to play the trumpet in the Jr. High band next year. :)

Anya's class has been so great for her. The push-in model (where support comes into the regular classroom instead of being pulled out for help) is working much better. I think it's because she doesn't have an aide with her all day, constantly telling her what to do every second.

We started the little girls on a Neurodevelopmental program with Alison Wimmer, which involves lots of flash cards and auditory sequencing activities. They have SO MUCH potential, and will really go places in their processing and speech when we get going on this. I really should just take them both out of school and educate them on my own to help them reach their full potential. Sigh....I just don't know if I have it in me. Let's be honest...I love my alone-time when I can regroup and catch up. And they really thrive on schedules, which I don't do well here at home. I wish I could hire a private teacher. :)

We have Hazel's preschool transition meeting tomorrow. Not sure what we are going to do yet. 

Hazel cut her own bangs about a week ago. See first picture below. :)

I am so very happy the snow is gone! I really need to get back into a walking program again. It helps me so much.

Jeremy's uncle William just passed away this week. He had leukemia. He will be greatly missed. 



Little Things, Instagram style



things i'm thankful for today:

warm spring days
walks with Rocky when the little's are at preschool
youth leaders at church...there are times when parents can only do so much
music. i just started playing the piano-first time in a few years. 
big windows
new running shoes
lots of work for Jeremy
etsy b-day invitation downloads
the book of mormon
quiet time before kids get up so i can read
buds on trees
pollen. i sneeze, but it means spring is here.
nutrivene d--it's helping anya's behavior @ school
and now I must get off this computer.

Have a great day!

No comments: