Sunday, September 8, 2013

Happy "First" (5th) Birthday.

  Guess who got to celebrate her birthday for the very first time today?
Our Hazie-girl. That's who!


Five years old.
Five!
If I didn't see it on paper, I would never believe it.
She's still so little.



 The brothers and sisters wrote love notes all over the sidewalk to their baby sister.





Hazel knew just what to do, after watching a few birthday celebrations since she's been home.
As she blew the candles, she said "oooo." 
What a gal.
One at a time, the flames went out.


So much to celebrate today:
that she even had the chance to be born
that she made it out of the institution before Russia shut it's doors on us
the joy she finds in all the little things that we take for granted
her future
the purpose she brings to our lives
her.
Just celebrating her.
Our Hazel.


Anya was more excited than anyone today. 
All day she kept saying "Hazoo Doe-day?"
(In other words, "When is it time for the party?")




We invited the Brady's to join us.
Because they love her, too.



Dear Hazel,
I really wish I could put into words how you've changed us.
But my words will never do it justice.

Happy Birthday, Hazel.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Hazel!!! Love seeing your pictures and knowing what a miracle it is that you are free!!! What a great family, Heather, you have :))))