Catch-up time!
Still need to blog about all the little things that were sprinkled in between the big things for the past 3 months!
First off, in early May we hosted a party for some of the families who found little ones to adopt on Reece's Rainbow. The reason we had this party is so that Katrina M. was in town from California. She wanted to meet some of us who have been friends with her for so long online!
Some of us are lucky to have our little ones home. Others are in the process, and others were in the process of adopting from Russia and were halted because of the ban on Americans adopting there. So unfair to the innocent children who would have had loving families. So heartbreaking and maddening.
We just talked and ate desserts, but we all had so much in common, there was much to talk about. It was a great evening!

Bennett got to show us all the cool stuff he's been doing in gymnastics one Saturday morning at the parent show. He's been in gymnastics for the past few months and LOVES it! If we had the time and dedication, we'd let him do competitive gymnastics. We still have to think about that one. Unfortunately, we have to limit extracurricular stuff like this. We can't do it all.



Bennett and Anya wrapped up a great first grade year! Mrs. Althoff and her assistant, Mrs. Tinney were fabulous teachers. One of the moms made these quilts for them as thank-you's. It has the kids' hand prints on the squares. Amazing!

During the last week of school, the 1st graders put on a concert for the parents. These always make me cry. Kids just grow up way too fast. And I love seeing Anya up there with the rest of the class. She's always a second late on the hand actions, but that's OK. She's happy as can be, and right up there with the typical kids. That's the important part.

Mrs. Althoff said that Anya was always very popular during recess. The girls in the class always included her, even when she was being a stinker about something. :) Oh, if it could just stay like this forever. I understand it's not always like this when they are in older grades. We'll enjoy it while it lasts and pray that the friendships she's developing at school will last.

Max's baseball team wrapped up a great season!

Max really enjoys baseball. And we enjoy watching him. Ah, I love this boy. I want to bottle him up and keep him as an 11 year old forever.


The Indians came in 2nd place in the league! Yay Indians!!

The week before school got out, Max's class walked right past our street, on their way to play an enormous game of Steal the Flag at a park that has lots of trees and shrubs to hide behind. They had a Confederate team and a Union team.
I was standing at the sink doing dishes when I heard the chanting and saw the kids marching past our next-door neighbor's house, which is on the corner of our street. I had to grab my camera and run out to sneak a picture or two.

Mrs. Jackson is the best teacher. Max loved her!

One more Max event. The end-of-year piano recital! Max played a really fun song that he had perfected.
Funny story: We momentarily forgot about the recital on Friday afternoon, when Jeremy was loading up to head for his parent's house, two hours away. He was heading to Smithfield to help his dad re-roof his house and invited the boys to come along. Max hopped right into the car, excited to have a weekend at his Grandparents. It was later that afternoon when I remembered we had the recital the next morning.
I ended up driving 1.5 hours to pick him up so he could make it to the recital. Grandma Fillmore met me about 3/4 of the way there so it wasn't too bad. :) I actually love driving when I'm all by myself. I listened to Education Week Talks on my smart phone the whole way there. It ended up being a nice relaxing morning for me while Sadie stayed home with the girls.


That's it for May! Next post: June happenings. I know you're on the edge of your seat! ;)
Still need to blog about all the little things that were sprinkled in between the big things for the past 3 months!
First off, in early May we hosted a party for some of the families who found little ones to adopt on Reece's Rainbow. The reason we had this party is so that Katrina M. was in town from California. She wanted to meet some of us who have been friends with her for so long online!
Some of us are lucky to have our little ones home. Others are in the process, and others were in the process of adopting from Russia and were halted because of the ban on Americans adopting there. So unfair to the innocent children who would have had loving families. So heartbreaking and maddening.
We just talked and ate desserts, but we all had so much in common, there was much to talk about. It was a great evening!
Bennett got to show us all the cool stuff he's been doing in gymnastics one Saturday morning at the parent show. He's been in gymnastics for the past few months and LOVES it! If we had the time and dedication, we'd let him do competitive gymnastics. We still have to think about that one. Unfortunately, we have to limit extracurricular stuff like this. We can't do it all.
Bennett and Anya wrapped up a great first grade year! Mrs. Althoff and her assistant, Mrs. Tinney were fabulous teachers. One of the moms made these quilts for them as thank-you's. It has the kids' hand prints on the squares. Amazing!
During the last week of school, the 1st graders put on a concert for the parents. These always make me cry. Kids just grow up way too fast. And I love seeing Anya up there with the rest of the class. She's always a second late on the hand actions, but that's OK. She's happy as can be, and right up there with the typical kids. That's the important part.
Mrs. Althoff said that Anya was always very popular during recess. The girls in the class always included her, even when she was being a stinker about something. :) Oh, if it could just stay like this forever. I understand it's not always like this when they are in older grades. We'll enjoy it while it lasts and pray that the friendships she's developing at school will last.
Max's baseball team wrapped up a great season!
Max really enjoys baseball. And we enjoy watching him. Ah, I love this boy. I want to bottle him up and keep him as an 11 year old forever.
The Indians came in 2nd place in the league! Yay Indians!!
The week before school got out, Max's class walked right past our street, on their way to play an enormous game of Steal the Flag at a park that has lots of trees and shrubs to hide behind. They had a Confederate team and a Union team.
I was standing at the sink doing dishes when I heard the chanting and saw the kids marching past our next-door neighbor's house, which is on the corner of our street. I had to grab my camera and run out to sneak a picture or two.
Mrs. Jackson is the best teacher. Max loved her!
One more Max event. The end-of-year piano recital! Max played a really fun song that he had perfected.
Funny story: We momentarily forgot about the recital on Friday afternoon, when Jeremy was loading up to head for his parent's house, two hours away. He was heading to Smithfield to help his dad re-roof his house and invited the boys to come along. Max hopped right into the car, excited to have a weekend at his Grandparents. It was later that afternoon when I remembered we had the recital the next morning.
I ended up driving 1.5 hours to pick him up so he could make it to the recital. Grandma Fillmore met me about 3/4 of the way there so it wasn't too bad. :) I actually love driving when I'm all by myself. I listened to Education Week Talks on my smart phone the whole way there. It ended up being a nice relaxing morning for me while Sadie stayed home with the girls.
That's it for May! Next post: June happenings. I know you're on the edge of your seat! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment