Our dear home. It's time to say goodbye. I feel like we're betraying you.
You've been our refuge for eight years.
We were the ones who dreamed you up and had you built.
You saw us through eight Christmases
and 15-20 lemonade stands
There were only five of us when we moved in to you.
| 2003 |
After a few years, it was time for Bennett to join us.
So we finished your bottom half.
Just in the nick of time.
| 2005 |
You worked great for us a few more years.
Then came baby Eli
| 2010 |
and two years later, along came our Anya-girl.
| 2011 |
Now, our family includes not five, but eight.
The area around the kitchen table has grown too small for us.
And we have two wanderers now, so we can no longer enjoy your beautiful back yard.
The HOA won't allow us to put up a fence.
We're so sorry, house. We're gonna have to pass you along to another family.
I can't help but get all sentimental on this, the eve of our parting.
Oh, the memories that you have provided for us.
Your back yard has seen been the backdrop to many first-day-of-school shots
| 2005 |
| 2009 |
| 2010 And the host of many neighborhood adventures. |
Your basement has been a playground when it's cold outside.
and a party venue for friends.
Your heart (kitchen) has warmed our hearts through countless drinks and snacks
mealtimes,
haircuts
and celebrations.
You were such a gracious host to our foreign exchange students.
| Lisa from Germany for five months in '07 and '08 |
| Sherry & Kelly from China last summer |
| Keishi from Japan in Oct. of '08 |
Your front door invited many guests
and your living room brought us closer through countless
prayers, family home evenings, morning devotionals and movie nights.
Well, dear home. Tomorrow we will part.
We'll never forget what you have done for us.
Don't be too sad.
We'll only be a couple blocks away and we promise
we'll visit you on our Sunday evening walks.
Goodbye, dear Fillmore 2003-2011 home.
(Boo hoo, this is making me so sad!)
Know that we will honor you forever.
With Love,
Your Original Family
The Fillmore's
8 comments:
Aww, that was so sweet, Heather. I teared up too - it's sad to leave your home! Our house in NY was WAY too small when we moved - 3 of us moved in, 5 moved out, 960 sf, where we lived while Brian was in grad school - and I was still sentimental to leave it. I can just imagine what it's like when it's a house you built! :'( Your new house will love you and your old house will be loved by its new family. {{hugs}}
So sweet!!! I just love reading your blogs!!! I feel like I am part of your family also! ;-) I can't wait to see pictures of the new home. What a beautiful place you guys live. I love the mountains in the backyard.
I'm impressed with how clean and beautiful it is. :)
heather, that was so good, you do the best things. you will love your new home as well. what fun things to remember of the home you two built. and your new home will love having you all there. c u 2 morrow. cf-
I'm in there! I'm in there! For those who haven't seen it yet: GO BACK and take a look at ME in this post. Ok, I might be overly excited about it but... no but actually... I AM overly excited from time to time.=)
Wow, 8 years and 3 children, that definitely is something! I totally understand you feeling sentimental about moving with so many memories involved (and I can't help feeling a little bit sentimental as well after all) but noone will ever take those warm feelings towards your old home away so take the chance and build up at least as many good memories in your new home. It'll be a good one as well, I'm sure about it. Could you mail me your new address once you're settled? I wanna be up-to-date with that!
Oh, and good luck with the move! I think you can need it! =)
I get where you are coming from! We have lived in the same house for 10 years now and everytime we think about moving we just cant bear it!!! haha! A house is not just a house it is a refuge! Your home, your sanctuary! But how exciting a new house to make you own!
Tina
I loved your latest post...it is so true how sentimental it is upon leaving your house with so many memories. The strange thing that I've noticed....when you go back and see the house once someone else is in it....I have had the sense that it really is just a shell and that the warmth and glow of home and family is what we bring with us. What we leave behind is just the cement and wood.
Best wishes to your family as you open a new chapter in your family book with a new house! Look forward to hearing about it. :-)
Cynthia
http://www.adreamadoption.blogspot.com
Oh what a beautiful house! Good luck in your new home.
Post a Comment