Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Jeremy Turns the big Four-Oh

Can't believe I'm married to a fourty year old.  Where have the years gone?  Weren't we just 30 a couple of years ago?  Well, I'll tell you what, he wears his age well. 
The older he gets, the more I realize how blessed I am to have him as my own.

We had a special pasta dinner to kick off the night.  Then we opened cards and presents.  When Grandma Hinton was here with them last week, she had them make his cards.  They were all so great.  Dad was honored.  I gave him a new shirt (original, I know) and a big hug and kiss.
Then the Brady's came over for some red velvet/cheesecake made by the Cheescake Factory.
Yum!



The guys in Jeremy's office gave him these awesome cookies made by Dipidee's.
Ha! 


Last night, Landon and I went around to a few friends in the neighborhood with a video camera to have them add some birthday wishes.  We love our neighbors!
  Oh, and just to add a little background, the second family on the video is the Bradys who are long-time friends and just moved into our neighborhood.  Matt called, text'd or e-mailed Jeremy every day for the last 100 days counting down to his 40th birthday.

2 comments:

Kari said...

How fun!! I just wanted to share another happy birthday wish... my Sadie (6 1/2 years with ds) saw your video and has been in the corner singing "Jolly Old St. Nick" and saying "Happy Birthday Jeremy... hope you have a cake" the last 15 minutes :) Soooo, happy birthday from total strangers in another state :)

Lisa said...

I love those cookies, gave me a good laugh!
And what a good idea with the video! Great memories you can collect this way! And cool that with the Bradys... I think I met them at the cabin New Year, didn't I?
HAVE A HAPPY, HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!