Oh my gosh.
We
are
wooped.
No words
can express
how much we love her.
How do you put into words the experience of meeting someone who you have only seen in pictures, but somehow knew was yours? Well, I don't know how exactly, but I'll try. All those months of just going on blind faith are over. Our faith is now knowledge. She is our little pumpkin, there is no doubt about it.
The orphanage director told us that they call her "Sunny" there because she is their little ray of sunshine that makes everyone feel warm. In stark contrast to the dreary place where she lives, she lights up the room, melts your heart and makes you happy.
"Tanya" is very spirited. All the pictures we have seen of her don't show her personality. I pictured her as being shy. She is not shy! When she walked in, she looked at us with a big grin, like "Cool! I think they want to play!" She immediately started talking to the orphanage director with a few short Russian phrases. I wanted to just sit and look at her and soak in everything, but she was immediately off to get the big teddy bears that were on the sofa and show them to us. She LOVED our iPhone. Between that and the Magnadoodle, she was in heaven. She got excited about every little sound and cool image that she saw. We love her sound effects. She does this little growl thing like Eli does when she thinks something is funny. And her giggle...oh her giggle. It just makes your heart sing. There's something about seeing a child with Down Syndrome giggle. You just want to squeeze the heck out of them.
Here's the orphanage where she lives. It's very old and run down. But clean and well-kept at the same time. And if her caretakers are anything as warm and loving as the director, then I don't worry that she isn't getting great care and love.
Situated in the middle of lots of old, tall buildings. They get to go out and play and go for walks twice a day.
There's so much more to write about, but I'll save it for tomorrow. *sigh* Life is good. So, so good. Thank you, Father in Heaven for leading us to this perfect little person. We love her so.
FYI: Our adoption blog is now public again since we have officially signed our acceptance papers. This is the only time I'll put a post about our adventures in Russia on this blog. You can click on Anna's picture at the top of this one to get to the other one. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers for us. We can feel them.










6 comments:
WOW,WOW, it makes me cry e/time i see these pic. how wonderful for you two, and her. send us more. be safe and enjoy the experenice. LOVE ya d&m fillmore-
Makes me cry....Happy day :)
Her sweet spirit and all your love radiates through these pictures! Very touching....I am thrilled for you and can't wait to meet your little Angel!
I too am tearing up looking at those photos! :) We are so blessed to know such wonderful people like you and Jeremy. Can't wait to meet little Anna.
♥♥♥
Post a Comment