Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Very First Birthday Eli!

Eli turned one on Sunday! We celebrated with "the younger half" of my family. My brother, Greg and his family was passing through on their way back home from St. George, so we met them, as well as the Bachers and Larsens at the Larsens' home. We had some Cafe Rio style burritos for dinner, then talked while the kids all did their thing. I include Dave in the "kid" category. He's definately the favorite uncle in my family. Any get-together that includes Uncle Dave also includes some major rough-housin'.


Jen brought some cupcakes and ice cream. Eli was pretty happy about the whole thing, until I scraped a couple inches of frosting off the top of his cupcake. He didn't like that too much.

I can't believe it's been a year since our little Eli joined us.  He has brought us more happiness than we ever imagined. There's such a neat spirit that comes with having a baby in the house. SO much work, but SOOO worth it! It's also been fun having a baby who is walking by his first birthday.  This was a first for us!  We love our baby Eli so much!! Happy Birthday, baby boy.  I love you more than tongue can tell.


Credit goes to Jennifer Bacher for the great pictures of the trampoline romp and the sad picture of Eli. We're so lucky to have an awesome photographer in the family!

2 comments:

Lytles said...

I love the picture of Eli with his #1 candle! The colors are bright and fun! I think there are two very talented photographers in your family!

Lisa said...

I agree, very cute pictures! ...and a cute boy of course! Glad that he had a funfilled first birthday.
Little kids can be so funny! Rio is so hilarious sometimes too when he doesn't like something -and believe me, it's REALLY easy to make him mad!;)